I had the very rare treat of seeing Morrissey at the State Theatre this past Monday. I'm still amazed the former Smiths singer came to Maine at all. Hooray for the State Theatre reopening its doors! It's been 17 years (!) since I saw him last and he still swaggers and croons as well as he ever has. He even opened with my favorite Smiths song. My only regret is that my brother and sisters didn't get to join me. Funniest moment of the night was when Morrissey gave the microphone to a couple people and one guy said, "Morrissey, your words have changed my life and heaven knows I'm miserable now." Morrissey took back the mic and said, "GOOD!"
I managed to capture the above video on my iPhone. A couple of shots below as well. The first three are my blurry iPhone pics (his face obscured by the spotlight, naturally). The last four are some professional shots from Portland Press Herald photographer, Gregory Rec. Here's the setlist for those interested.
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Morrissey in Maine
Posted by
Kenna


