
On Thursday I got to see one of my favorite musicians of all time! I went with one of my best friends in the world (who is probably an even bigger fan than me). We had front row seats. It was perfection!

It wasn't just a concert either. Elvis put on a show. He repeatedly mingled with the audience, invited them onstage to dance, and had a giant song wheel for them to spin. There was even a local dance troupe and drum circle collaboration. The audience was berserk. It was tops!

I bought the tickets April 1st. There was a blizzard that morning, which helped my cause, I think. I was fifth in line at the box office. The show sold out in less than an hour. I've never had that sort of luck with tickets.

Despite my shoddy cell phone camera pictures, the show was truly spectacular. Perhaps my favorite show ever. More fun than I've had in ages.
The Portland Press Herald has a review (and a better photo). However, the show was a little too loud for the reviewer. Did she realize she was seeing Elvis Costello? It was supposed to be loud! Duh!
Full set list here, for those who are interested. At the link you'll find this photo (below). There's the back of my head, front row, toward the left.