
Last night I got to see one of my old favorite bands for the very first time. In college,
American Music Club was one of those bands that made quite an impression on me. Lead singer
Mark Eitzel has one of those voices that resonates deep in the heart and soul. AMC, as known by fans, is quite popular back in their native San Francisco but it's clear not too many folk from Maine know about them. I appreciated the intimacy of the evening though. A real crooner as well as a gentleman, I was impressed by how sweet and kind Mark was during the performance. He kept thanking the venue
[Space Gallery] and the small crowd that came out in support. He's also quite the storyteller. Each song was accompanied by an excellent back story that had the small crowd in stitches most of the time. As you can see, I managed to capture a few moments with my crappy camera. I purposely avoided using the flash as I didn't feel like bring too much attention to myself. Though mostly blurry, I think you get a general feeling for the vibe. If you've never heard the great AMC, yer missin' out! Totally awesome, man.