Wednesday, January 02, 2008

emoting on a wednesday afternoon



The trouble with having the office to yourself at the end of the
day is you can get bored real quick. Piles of work, be damned.
I have a blog to blog. And I ain't been bloggin' much. Sure as
heck not a lot lately. Been getting caught up with the day to
day (and night to night) the last few months. Two jobs, a lack
of sleep and a mean case of yuletide introversion may partly
be to blame. But I've done an about face the last 48 hrs. It may
be I'm jazzed for the new year. Thank God for a new year.
I'm just very much super glad happy to be here in the year 2008.

While '07 wasn't the worst year ever, it certainly was the most
trying in recent memory. And I can't quite pinpoint why that is.
Sure, I felt like absolute crapola this summer. I think that my
mojo was somehow depleted and I was at the brink of some sad
existential crisis that needed serious tending to. If that makes
any sense. But perhaps you catch my drift. I was tapped out.
Lost in my head. The same old blah blah blah. Whoa is me, right?

Silly boy. Why so serious? Indeed.

Today it's effing cold outside. We just finished part two of a 1-2
punch winter storm. I awoke this morning to find my car covered
in a frozen brittle shell of ice . Like that syrup topping that hardens
and cracks on the ice cream. I banged the scraper on the top of the
car a few times and it split in three big glacial pieces. The next half
hour I proceeded to scrape, push, pull and kick my car til it finally
reemerged as the glimmering silver chariot I've come to know.
Victory was mine. The next 10 minutes were spent skidding and
sliding out the frozen patch of land known as the driveway.
Unbeknownst to be, the neighbor across the street had been
watching my progress with his morning coffee, taking a break from
his own snowy exhumation. As I pulled away, he applauded my
effort. A nice start to the work week, I thought.

As I continue on into the rest of winter I'll try to conjure up interesting
things to say and perhaps even blog about. For the moment, all I've got
are these thoughts bouncing around my brain. I was in a state of sudden
reflection but now I'm coming out of it. Shazam. Onward and forward, dudes.
It's getting late. Well, late for being in the office. Close to 7:30. Time again to
wander off into the chilly cold. Find the rest of my evening. Happy New Year
to anyone who stumbles across this post. Please pardon the dullness.
I'll make an effort to post at the start of the day next time. Mmm-kay?
Wicked good. Wicked decent. Jezum Crow. Jiminy Crickets. Booya.