I've recently started working nights. Still adjusting. Sleepy am I. The day starts around 8:00 am and goes well past midnight. I got to bed around 2:00 this morning. Kind of like being in school. Or being an insomniac. If it wasn't for coffee I don't think I'd know my own name.

This new way of life will influence my telephoning for the foreseeable future. Please pardon the absence of calls on your end. But weekends are still good for chatting. Once I've caught up on my sleep of course. I think I'm drooling in my slumber.
The cool fall air has set in and I am loving it. The weather is perfect right now. Aside from feeling a bit underslept, I'm quite invigorated. If there's anytime New England feels a bit like heaven, it's right now. Or, now through the end of October.
The leaves are just starting to turn. The air has extra mojo in it. Coffee tastes better. The smell of the sea is strengthening. My car is back on the road. Things are improving.

It has been an expensive and tiresome summer. I have been ill for most of it. I am not sorry to see the summer go. Not this year. Bring the chill. I welcome it completely.

Now is the time for catching up. On so many levels. But especially with oneself.
It has been an expensive and tiresome summer. I have been ill for most of it. I am not sorry to see the summer go. Not this year. Bring the chill. I welcome it completely.
Now is the time for catching up. On so many levels. But especially with oneself.