Friday, August 10, 2007

In Memoriam: Juno the cat


I recently lost a dear old friend. My cat Juno became suddenly ill in mid-July. He faded quickly. I was caught off guard by how fast it was. On July 19, Juno left the world. He was almost exactly 11 years old. The first two pictures were taken in 1997, when he was only a year old.

Juno had a reputation for being a wild child. (not evident in these pictures) He enjoyed tearing things up, knocking things over in the middle of night and playing rough. Definitely a boy cat.

He was loved by many in my family. I actually only had him under my roof for about four and a half years. In his life, he also lived with my parents, my grandmother and my aunt & uncle. A well traveled feline, Juno was spared the west coast. But he was a Hurricane Katrina survivor. Until last summer, Juno was a Gulf Coast kitty.

Last summer, he came back to New England, full circle, where he started. Here's a picture of him after being stuck in the attic for a week.

But he was a good boy. He will be missed very much.

I think this is the last photo I took of him, from a few months ago.
::sigh::
(1996-2007)