I have two cats. (This you may already know. This is not news.) They are large. They are homewreckers. They are messy. When they run around the house they sound like two small horses. There is a galloping quality to their chase. And they enjoy food. And they enjoy scratching. And wrestling. And knocking things over. But I am hopelessly in love with them.
This is Dovey. He is also known as L.Q. I adopted him when he was a year old. He is now 4 and a half years old. I am convinced he is part rabbit, due to his long body and hind legs. He is equally agile and clumsy. Dovey has had urinary tract problems recently and been in and out of the hospital several times in the last few months. He will be eating fancy prescription food for the rest of his life. So far, he doesn't seem to mind. Kibble is kibble, right? He is very sweet and enjoys napping while smushed up against me. He is also a son of a bitch.
This is Juno. I got him from a friend deep in the Vermont woods when he was barely two weeks old. He is now 10 years old. I am convinced he is part raccoon, due to his size and strength. Juno was in my care the first few years of his life. He spent several years with his grandpa and then with his great nana in Mississippi. When Hurricane Katrina hit, he was evacuated with the rest of the family and spent some time in Tennessee. Upon my arrival back east, Juno came into my life again. It's good to have him back. I have missed him very much. As much as I love him, Juno is also a son of a bitch.
Two-faced Dovey. Catnip usually does the trick.
Juno likes to play with the water bowl.
Let's knock some more stuff off the dresser, shall we?
Juno thinks he is clever and elusive. He is neither.
Another flashbulb in your face.
What the hell are you doin' in my bowl?
Soon after this was taken, Juno pranced on Dovey. Juno is quite the Alpha male and reminds Dovey several times a day.
Ghost kitty.
Ahh, let's pull this off the table, shall we?