Thursday, December 01, 2005

Portland, Maine 101

Well, here we are again, ayessah. Thought it might be nice to show you a bit of the city of PortlandEast. As you can tell, we're right on the water, the town itself a peninsula. Lots of brick buildings and old New England charm. Or as they might say round here... chaaam.

And this is the house that Favor & Nora built. Or rather, the house they're putting back together. And they are doing an amazing job, working into the night, day after day. It's truly inspiring. Notice the third floor. That's where I nest. As you may remember from the previous gallery, my apartment looks beautiful.

This is the view from my kitchen window, city in the distance.

My cat has a new friend. Nora's finishing the floors downstairs so Lucy is crashing with us for awhile.


Contemplating my salad. I think I want fries instead.

A street in our neighborhood.

I caught this squirrel all spaced out in the street. It stood there like that for about ten minutes.

Let's walk around town a bit, mmm?





I love the amount of brick in Portland. Lots of cobblestone streets too.

Yaar, matey. Get ye a lobster roll!

Supposedly the best pint of Guinness in town can be found here, at Brian Boru's. This calls for some eh, investigating. I've heard it's as Irish as they come, this side of Boston.

This Portland also has its own maiden warrior, found here at Monument Square.


Brick by brick... looking up Munjoy Hill in Portland's east end.

A rather large lighthouse lives at the top of Munjoy Hill.

Looking out over the Eastern Promenade.




Old England or New England?


The view from my kitchen window at night.

* * * * * * * * *

And a few pics from Ciderfest 2005 ~ York, Maine

Got to see some old pals.

Favor and friend making apple cider.

Earl and Ollie also enjoyed Ciderfest.

HAPPY FALL!


Lots of love,

Kenna