Thursday, December 08, 2005

even colder

I thought yesterday was cold. Today is nipping yesterday in the butt. It's nipping me in the butt. I woke up completely under the covers this morning. Even the cat was taking refuge under blankety goodness.

Monday I begin a new job. Finally. It's taken me about two months to find a decent job (which I'm sure is pretty good in this market). Temping has sustained me but it is monotonous and sleepy work. So it's reassuring to get something good. It feels like the move is complete now. Stability is on the horizon. I still don't have money for Christmas presents but oh well.

Today is an in between birthday. Yesterday was N's. Tomorrow is F's.
Happy B-days to the chicky-boos.

Congrats to R&R as they finish their fall terms at school. It's been a task and a half for the two of them. Lucky for me I get to have Christmas with them both in a few weeks.

Portland is looking all nice and pretty for the holidays. Downtown is decorated with a big tree and colorful lights are strewn from block to block. It's putting me in a good mood. One of my favorite things in the world is walking around at night this time of year. I'll have pictures for you in a few days.

All in all I'm doing really well. Better now that I'm out of the moving funk. Still sad to be distant from my Western family. But it's time that I did something different for myself. Whether or not this is what I'm looking for in the long run, it's a good first step.